​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Camping near Loch Pattack

Hi Lindy,
I camped there about 5 years ago and there was plenty to choose from. Had to walk a bit to find decent drinking water but no probs. I'll send you a photo.

Thank you for letting me know

I've camped in the area a couple of times supporting DofE groups. Like Kristen says, there's lots of choice. We needed a bit of shelter and found a nice spot around NN 544 817 🙂

Hi Lindy, I was there end of August and camped around 544 792 I think but I can send you a picture of the location. The spot was on elevated grass bank way south of the tree and pass some lump of rocks. Flat, dry and a good layer of grass to get the pegs in. The ground between the spot and the track was soaked as it rained for a couple of days and best way to get to the spot was head N on the track until you levelled with a single tree on the Loch’s bank, then turn left on the path to the Loch and that tree. From there head S along the shore.

The spot Louise referred to is lovely, lush grass and sheltered. I didn’t use it as there was a gusty wind from W when I camped. Note, from the N head of Loch Pattack the track was no longer, uneven and under water until you reach the bridge and the camping spot Louise mentioned. Then nice track again.

There is also a flat grassy but elevated and more exposed spot at the N head of the Loch, level with the track gate pillars.

And level with the little tree, you can find a flat spot amongst the trees on the right hand side of the track. It looked though as it had been used for campfire hang around.

Thank you for this detailed information. I am looking forward to exploring as I haven’t been that way before.

It was my first time down there as well. The area was a part of my May 2020 Challenge route so I thought I could at least have a taster this year 😁 Sorry I got my W and E wrong in the description I posted, I to work on this before the next May 😂

Have a fab time!