​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carmont train crash

This message is somewhat off topic but it refers to an area that many challengers will be familiar with. Ali & Sue if you feel that it is inappropriate please feel free to remove it.

Most of you will be aware that on Wednesday morning we had a horrendous accident here outside Stonehaven. The crash site is only a few hundred metres from where I live but that is not why I post.

The driver of the train, Brett McCullough, was very much a local man, living in Drumlithie, only a few miles from and almost in sight of the crash site. Yesterday the Scottish edition of the Sun newspaper carried the large headline "Death Express" with a picture of Brett implying that the accident was his fault, even while investigators are still at work on the smouldering wreck. This is totally disgraceful and disrespectful and highly reminiscent of the infamous headline after the Hillsborough tragedy.

There is a campaign in the local area to request anyone to stop buying this disgraceful rag, local newspaper outlets are following the example of the wee shop in Drumlithie village and refusing to sell the Sun, just like in Liverpool. Can I respectfully ask anyone to follow suit and refuse to by this garbage publication?