​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thinking of TGOC 2021 - A real one!

Hi

What are the present protocols for staying in a bunkhouse or a bothy with 5 or more random people?

If I enter a pub for a meal and meet other challengers can I join their table?

Also are B&B's, some of which are in a private residence, still open for "walk-in" backpackers?

We do not have either in Barbados, but if we did I think that they would be closed for the time being.

We have some strict rules for the bars, restaurants and shops that have reopened. There are inspectors that pay unannounced visits and have the power to immediately close and fine the establishment if they are not complying to the face mask, and social distancing rules.

These have worked for us for the past 4 to 5 months.

I am still hoping to be in the TGOC2021.
William :flag-bb:

Re: Thinking of TGOC 2021 - A real one!

Currently bothies are closed due to the virus. Some have been locked as there has been some abuse-this appears to be people looking for a holiday rather than backpackers though.
People are still using them either through ignorance or stupidity.
Hopefully the situation will be clearer by next May. It would be a tragedy to lose these shelters when the MBA have put so much work into their upkeep and reaching agreements with estates.
If you are looking for the rules, remember to look at the Scottish government website as the rules vary slightly in each country.
For eating out, currently you must leave your contact details with the pub/restaurant and I believe it is a maximum of 4 households. That is per day so f you met 2 households at lunch then you could only meet 2 more at night.
It really is a minefield at the moment with quite a few local lockdowns in place and regulations changing weekly!

Re: Thinking of TGOC 2021 - A real one!

Thanks Scott

That was the information I was expecting but wishing otherwise. I fully understand the reasons and we can only hope that there will be a major improvement before May.

William