​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Doodlecat.com

Yes, I also found it a useful and entertaining and encouraging resource before my first, and subsequent, challenges. Once I'd done my first challenge I could relate to other peoples' adventures too. Thank you Phil, for all the work involved, much appreciated.

Just a thought but would it be possible to copy and paste the accounts to a separate page on your blog? It would be a shame to 'lose' these crossings - some are absolute epics of adventure!

Cheers Phil.

:relaxed:

Good idea Al. Or maybe a space could be found on the Challenge Web page. Once up-loaded there would be no need for maintenance. Some of the tales are from true Challenge leg-ends and it would be a shame to loose them.

Hi Al & Peter,

The site is written in xhtml with css stylesheets, so I'm afraid that a simple copy & paste won't work.

That said, I agree that it would be a shame if they weren't readily available.

Should Kelsey Media be interested in publishing some of them on the Challenge website, then I'm pretty sure that one of their techies could sort it out, subject to the original authors' permission.

In any case, nothing will be 'lost', as I have all the files safely backed up. :relaxed:

I've had a lot of pleasure reading through people's stories - Thanks Phil.

Ah! Just realised that the expiry date was in americanese, so in english not 4th July, but 7th April.

So, Doodlecat is gone. :cry:

RIP Doodlecat and thankyou for your work on it over the years (including your definitive appraisal of Brexit....I could spot only one error viz I believe Eddie Izzard in full makeup is regarded as something of a folk hero amongst the welders and rivetters of Alnwick and Worksop,