​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cougie Re-Supply

Hello.

I plan to send a resupply parcel via Mail from Kent to Cougie for me to collect when I arrive on the 10th.

I am guessing that it will have to arrive on the 8th as there may not be mail delivery on weekends?

I will not be able to post it until the Monday evening, or maybe even Tuesday Morning, of the same week. Does this give the postman / postwoman time to deliver it?

My Plane ticket paid for but when should I start looking at train tickets. Are there any changes from previous years that I should be aware of?

I walked today in 30 DegC with some warm rain to cool me off. Good training for May.
William:flag-bb:

Re: Cougie Re-Supply

VE Day is being celebrated on 8 May 2020 and it’s classed as a Bank Holiday ( yep in Scotland as well) so no post on the 8th. It will be tight you should get it if you post first class on Tuesday but wheels could come off.
I am sure somebody will be along shortly to give local advice. 😎

Thanks Byron

I will omit that re- supply drop and just start with 2 days extra food.
William:flag-bb:

If your parcel is under 2kg why not send it "Signed For" or "Special Delivery" that way you'll know when it's arrived and give you peace of mind. Special delivery is usually guaranteed for 1pm the next day ex bank holidays etc.