​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Recommendations for first timers?

Hellooooo Jezza!

How are you ol' fruit? It's lovely to see you on here. How's tricks? When will we see you on the Challenge again?

Oh - and Perfect Advice (and the capitals are important here) Every first timer should take note.

Get back to me!

Cheers
Alan
:grinning:

Good to hear from you too, Al.

Assume that my teaching career will last another 15 years, and that I shall not be on another Challenge until that is done and I have retired for a second time.

That having been said ... my school is very keen to get me heavily involved in their Duke of Edinburgh programme (it's not every day, after all, that a NQT pops up with ML(S) on their c.v. and a desire to get involved in the expeditioning ... ) and once we have a Gold group up and running, I'll try to make sure that they're doing something in the Challenge area every May, so I might be able to catch up from time to time.

Here is a report of a conversation with my Principal in the second week after I started at the school. I think it might amuse you.

Principal: We want you to help on the DofE, so can you find yourself a BELA course and get booked on it.

Me: Why?

Principal: Because BELA is the award you need to lead the expeditions.

Me: Um ... Steve. I don't need BELA at all. I'm an ML ... and I think you'll find that means I'm qualified to TEACH the BELA course ...

Principal: Oh!

Brilliant!!:joy: