​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
See you in the Ghru?

I have a cunning plan.

I need to prepare some Duke of Edinburgh expeditioners for their Gold expedition ... and it occurred to me that taking them up to Scotland in May, and walking from Braemar to Aviemore through the Lairig Ghru might be an excellent preparation.

Of course, we'd have to be at Braemar a day or two before the bulk of Challengers, so there would be some hope of overnight accommodation at the Youth Hostel. That would mean we'd reach Aviemore after the bulk of Challengers had passed through ... so again, accommodation should be available.

Maybe we'll see one or two of you on the trail??

Re: See you in the Ghru?

Lord Elpus & I should be camped at Loch nan Stuirteag on the Friday night. Just a short detour for you, my old friend! Saturday morning for Angel's Peak, Cairn Toul and the Devil's Point. You can view your charges from above as they toil up the Ghru!

:grinning:

Re: See you in the Ghru?

Camping at Loch nan Stuirteag? You're not SERIOUS are you, Al? It's absolute midge central there, you know!

There are some MUCH better pitches a little to the west, on the south bank of the River Eidart, and if I were you I'd aim to camp there.