​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: River Meig

I camped along the river at Pollan Buidhe on one challenge when starting from Torridon. But there are plenty of decent camps along this river on the way to and including near the footbridge at Corrievuic. I didn’t need to cross earlier as you will, it seems to me there was a wire bridge crossing prior to the Pollan Buidhe camp....I’m sure other challengers can help you here....j.

There are many good sites along the River Meig. I too have camped at Pollan Buidhe, whcih is a fine spot, and also further along at NH191505.

I'm not sure if the wire bridge that Julie refers to is still there, but this is how it looked in 2009. CLICK HERE Personally I'd rather wade with a pack!

Thanks,

Then i could have my main route through Coire Mhoraigein and a FWA along Loch Beannacharain.

found a picture of my camp spot at NH191505 looking west. It's a small image but you can just see two other tents on the flat grass further along. As you can see, there's plenty of nice places there.

a nice place to camp :)

[/URL]

:joy: Dans tes rêves :joy:

Phil Lambert
There are many good sites along the River Meig. I too have camped at Pollan Buidhe, whcih is a fine spot, and also further along at NH191505.

I'm not sure if the wire bridge that Julie refers to is still there, but this is how it looked in 2009. CLICK HERE Personally I'd rather wade with a pack!
I remember that bridge.
A fine and sturdy structure IMO..