​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Details of Mountain Trails' Support to TGOC20

I just want to thank you very much, Mark, for your support for the Challenge. We enjoy your outstanding meals every year, hunched up in our very 'cosy' little tent on some rainswept Scottish moor. Highly recommended food, well done! :+1:

I suspect an order is pending in the new year.

Thanks to Mountain Trails/Food on the Move for once again supporting TGOC! Id like to respond with a plug for the brand: Last year (TGO2019) was a first Challenge for my husband Malcolm and me. We dithered about food (amongst sooo many other things) right up to the 11th hour, and decided finally that rather than risk having our home dehydrated meals possibly get chucked in a bin at an international airport, we would "shop local" and go with Mountain Trails.

On every count, we were very pleased with our decision. Mark made our last-minute-ish ordering and delivery easy for us and he always responded thoroughly and quickly to our emailed questions. Planning all the many Challenge logistics from Canada was not overly onerous (thanks interwebs), but just knowing that the resupply piece was well taken care of was pretty darn fabulous. Plus we both really enjoyed the prepared meals and extras supplied by Mountain Meals as well as enjoying that bit of comfort which comes of knowing that at days end we would be fueling up on tasty grub that we could look forward to when the going was, well, going. No bland mush here. Also, portion size was certainly more than adequate. I am five foot five and 120lb and the 125gr packet was plenty. Malcolm (six two and 180lbs)frequently found he was only finishing his because it tasted good, not because he was still hungry. We probably could have just used two of the 125gr, with some of mine going into his meal.

So, to summarize: "we came for the convenience, but we will stay for the taste!"...especially for the taste of Moroccan Chicken CousCous.

I'd also like to add my support to Mark and Tracey - good food, good price and always great service - and another vote for the Moroccan chicken couscous!