​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Accommodations in Shiel Bridge

I have used the Ratagan Youth Hostel a couple of times on the TGO Challenge. It's only a couple of kilometres from the bus stop at Shiel Bridge.

Thanks Brian.

Craig,
Another option is to seek accommodation in one of the villages on the A87 road West of Shiel Bridge.

Citylink coach service 915 departs Kyle of Lochalsh 08:35 & arrives Shiel Bridge 09:01 and
Citylink coach service 917 departs Kyle of Lochalsh 10:00 & arrives Shiel Bridge 10:30
I'd advise reserving seats beforehand if taking either of these options.

Craig

You could try Glomach House at Ault a Chruinn. Stayed there a couple of times.
Bt

Hi Craig
I would recommend the little campsite at Dornie. It's a bit basic but clean and with a lovely view of Eilean Donnan Castle. I have stayed there many times, on and off the challenge.
Walk along to the Dornie hotel and have a beer and some food with other challengers, there are usually a good few there.

Colin

Excellent campsite at Morvich, less than a mile from Kintail (a flat walk, mostly on side road road). Has good pitches, shower block, drying room, hikers' mess) Cost me £13.00 this year on my way through on CWT.

Thank everyone for your suggestions. After a few emails with the lovely owners and staff at the Kintail Lodge, they have found room for us ( we are paying of course! LOL) but they were very nice!