​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dalelia to Polloch boat - SUNDAY - Any takers?

Why, why, why Dalelia?

Sorry, I'll get me coat....

Judith
I know many routes are still at a very early stage of planning but I thought I'd post an early call for anyone wanting to cross Loch Shiel between Dalelia and Polloch on Sunday 10th May 2020.

Starting from Kilchoan on the Saturday means I'll be two days behind many people. I'm normally only one day late but I usually catch up. :smirk:

I've not yet contacted Izzy and John but if anyone's thinking of making that boat crossing on the Sunday please bear me in mind.
Hope you are successful in getting one or two takers Judith. I managed to hook up with Simon and David last year - although I was originally going by myself. It was only £10 each for the 3 of us. Money well spent.

Thanks Gordon. I'd assumed the boat would be more than that in total, so that's quite promising.

I've just been reading your account of trying to find the way out of Glenborrodale. Oh, I do love getting lost on Day 1!

Hi Judith,

One of these days I'll learn how to navigate in villages. :wink: I'm OK in the open, but, navigating through villages and towns etc is not one of my skills. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Gordon, buildings are a nightmare. Just one managed to throw me this year. One building. In the middle of nowhere. And I went the wrong way. To top it off, hadn't seen a soul all day, until I was re-tracing my steps 🙈

Re: Dalelia to Polloch boat - SATURDAY - Any takers?

I've changed my plan and now intend to cross from Dalelia to Polloch (Ceanna Garbh) on Saturday 9th, not the Sunday.

Would anyone like to share the boat?