​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Timer, looking for recommendations

Hello everyone

I'm more then psyched to have made the draw and May 2020 can't come to soon!

But now I'm feeling like a little child inside a candy store. So many options, so much stuff to see. As of now, I've read a couple of blogs, watched a couple of YT Video and are smitten by the seemingly endless number of possibilities.

So I turn to you for even more recommendations to nourish my analysis paralysis even further :joy:

A little bit about me: I'm a passionate hiker from Bavaria, Germany. I'm familiar with hill walking and can handle up to 5000 feet elevation gain per day just fine.

That being said, what are some of your favorite spots you have seen while crossing Scotland?

My current focus lies on high routes as the cornerstones for my route planing. But every recommendation is more then welcome (thinking about a mix of high days and glens). Less "touristy", more remote places are preferred. My start point is still undecided but I'm thinking about Shiel Bridge or Mallaig.

Thank you so so much in advance and looking forward to meeting some of you next year!
Andi

Re: First Timer, looking for recommendations

Hi Andi, and welcome!

Although I tend to use lower routes you might find Martin's blog of interest - he tends to choose higher routes most years.

Re: First Timer, looking for recommendations

Awesome, thanks John. I'll jump right into it :)