​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Just saying ....

I'm in!

?????
10th?
or 20th?
or ??????

What's the word on the street about how many entries for 2020, if it's oversubscribed, and when we're likely to hear?

We all know it's by 31st. Word I have heard is that it's very soon now and we won't have to wait that long. Not sure about over-subscribed. Have heard one report it is but it's hard to be sure. I guess we all have to find the one thing that eludes me at this time of year - patience!

Patience?
I don’t think I have ever checked my email so frequently...

It's good to know I am not alone.
A bit like being stuck in a bog in the middle of nowhere on the Challenge...another Challenger is stuck in a bog somewhere!

When I first read your message Louise I had visions of you stuck in a public toilet somewhere off the A9 but now I understand what you are referring to!

Sometimes feels just like that Paul!! 🤣🤣🤣

Perhaps time for some bog levity

Back in the day, a group of us were heading back to Okehampton after a couple of nights out on Dartmoor. I wandered onto a spot that started to bounce like a trampoline , so beat a hasty retreat. One of our party was more gung ho and ventured on further, only to disappear upto his waste in the quaking bog. The look on his face was priceless as he sank in. As he cried for help, the rest of were incapacitated through laughing. Eventually we pulled him out , and he was made to complete the hike 50ms downwind from the rest of us. Glad he wasn't sharing a lift with me on the way back!

Meanwhile , back to the inbox

Andy

My older daughter was eight when I took her on her first backpacking trip - the southern end of the Pennine Way. This was back before they turned it into a paved footpath. On Bleaklow she almost jumped a peat grough, slipped backwards and went up to her waist in gooey black mud (I believe the same thing happened to Alfred Wainright when he was researching his guide). Sadly, I hadn’t taken a camera so couldn’t record it for posterity. I didn’t leave her too long before I rescued her - fortunately the mud dried before we had to get in the car to go home.

Looks like the email’s not arriving today!

Tomorrow???

Being a glass half full type person I live in hope... (about the email arriving tomorrow, that is.)

Reminds me of the days at school waiting for the football team to be put on the notice board. I was always playing at "left Outside" :flag-bb:

William