​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Using the new OMN mapping on my PC.

I recently bought in to the new OMN for my online mapping. Previously, I have had all the stats (time, distance etc) showing on the LH side of the PC screen, simultaneously alongside the map. Now, there doesn't seem to be that facility, and it's not going to help me with the Challenge route timings/mileage info any more. Anyone else with this issue, or is it just me? I don't use a fancy phone or have a touchscreen laptop. I use Windows 10 on my desktop PC. None of the OMN 'help' topics mention this feature. :rage: grrr

Re: Using the new OMN mapping on my PC.

Hi Marion,
I got the new OMN about a year ago and once I got used to it I'm well pleased. Yes, it was a shock, I'd been using the old system since 2002 and found transferring old files a bit of a problem. Also you cannot reverse a route by right clicking as there is no option for "reverse route".
If you open GPX manager, select a route then view that in GPX editor you get all the details in a big chart. I'm on Windows 10 too.
I've pestered David at OMN Support a few times with queries when I haven't been able to answer these through the stuff on the Support site and he has been very helpful. Persevere with it and I think you'll find it pretty good.