​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TGO 2017 - a very tardy blog

A very fine write-up Janet - though by not reading the title properly I managed to fit this years weather to that of 2017. I share your love of maps. You have some good hills around you in Shropshire. I hope that you get round to writing up your other trips.

An excellent read Janet - well done!

Sooo....where are you starting from next year then?

:wink:

Ardrishaig. I now have a system arising from the Glen Elg start. I take the least used starting point of the previous year that I haven't used. So Glen Elg was the least used in 2017 and I started there in 2018,(which suggested the system) Morar was the least used in 2018 so I started there in 2019 and this year Ardrishaig was the least used. I did tell Ali'n'Sue that I was a little disappointed as I had hoped for Torridon or Kilchoan but now being in an advanced state of planning I am getting quite excited about it. All I need now is a place next year.

Hi,
I don't use Memory Map (Anquet it is for me) and I'm no wizard with computers but you can always do a 'print screen' on a desktop. Adjust the picture in any drawing programme and you're able to insert the map like a common photograph. HTH.

Theo

Many drawing programs have an inbuilt screengrab application or you can install something simple and free, I used Picpick for the screengrab posted earlier in this thread, it is free for non commercial users https://picpick.app/en/. There are other similar options available.
The advantage of using a dedicated screengrabber over the Windows Print Screen is you can select an area of the screen or the active window and also get rid of the cursor. Printscreen grabs everything including your toolbar, cursor and anything else on your screen. You can also annotate your screengrab with lines, text boxes etc. before saving as a picture format and importing into your blog.

Hello and thanks for a fine trip report/blog. I confess I've not quite finished reading, but after another page of good story (and more chuckling out loud), fine pics and route inspirations I just had to drop by and say thanks for brightening my morning. I'm really enjoying following along on my maps.