​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another blogpost looking back at our TGOC 2019

Hi everyone,

First of all, as firsttimers we did not really knew what to expect, but walking the TGO Challenge was an amazing experience! We met so many wonderful and nice people, the weather was beyond expectation and we enjoyed every step of it. We are looking back at a superb crossing.

In preparation of our challenge we did some day-to-day research on our route and described all the possible things we could encounter on my blog. After all, we are tourists and we also wanted to do some sightseeing. But that's all in Dutch and with Google Translate (see bottom blog to choose language) most of you maybe can make something out of it, but usually Google turns it into a mess. If anyone is still interested, here is the link to all those posts: https://www.smarts.nl/wordpress/category/tgochallenge/

After the challenge I wrote another blogpost in which we looked back with photos in slideshows. I tried to translate this in my best English, apologies in advance since I'm no native speaker. If anyone is interested to read or to see the photos: https://www.smarts.nl/wordpress/tgoc-2019-40th-edition/

Thank you all for making this a walk to remember. I'm already thinking of alternative routes for if we are lucky enough to join you all once more in 2020.

All the best!
Marty
(One of the 'Hiking Sisters')

Re: Another blogpost looking back at our TGOC 2019

Lovely. Thanks for translating.

Re: Another blogpost looking back at our TGOC 2019

What a very wonderful account! I am working my way through your Dutch posts, and enjoying them immensely. Mighty humour! Also your slide shows - and not to forget your very beautiful video.

Good for you, sisters! Such joy and happiness!