​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Earworms

All I can say is don't do the Challenge when you have small children at home. 2006 I had a whole Challenge of "Bobby Shafto went to sea" and "The bear went over the mountain" . . .

"Wheels on the bus..."
"Nelly the elephant..."
"Alice the camal..."

Entertainment entering Edzell. "... Why, why, why Delilah " (Boyo T.Jones 1968) rendered by two well-fed passing minstrels - lasted us all the way to the coast. Plus "There's an old piano and they play it hot behind the BLUE door" (F. Vaughan 1957 - for those old enough to remember).

Laura and I had "lets go to the beach, each' Starships by Nicki Minaj stuck in our heads for days!!!

Gilbert and Sulliven got stuck for me. For a large part of this years Challenge I was humming HMS Pinafore and Pirates of Penzance. In particular When I was a lad was at the front of my mind. My grandmother always said that if you get a tune stuck in your head you should go to the bottom of the garden and sing it as loud as you can. It doesn't work and neither does it work singing it on the top of the Mondhaliath or Mount Keen.

Still jolly good fun though!

The day we walked from Falls of Tarf to our evening pitch near Glenshee- I had two songs going round and round in my head:

Eurythmics- Here Comes the Rain Again.
Travis- Why Does it Always Rain On Me.

Two Aptly titled songs perfect for the day of rain us poor Challengers had to endure!

You are certainly not alone. I blogged about this a couple of years ago.

I notice some tunes in this thread cropped up in my blog comments.

I know of one challenger who finds "Stand by Your Man" by the American songstress, Tammy Wynette, is the ideal accompaniment to a road plod in the rain. Try it. You'll never get it out of your head again. :wink: