​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gas

Thanks, John, Brian and Emma. I'm staying there and was talking to them yesterday about sending a parcel, but didn't think to ask about gas. I'll ring again and post the result. It looks as if there's a choice between carrying extra from Fort William to get me to Braemar or getting a bus to Pitlochry and back, neither of which are appealing.

Or a 7 hour drive (3.5 hr each way) down the A9 in the next few days ...

It's 10 minutes on the train to Pitlochry from Blair Atholl and a nice way to spend an afternoon if you arrive early in BA. The shopping options are significantly better.

Andy

'We do not sell that type of gas in our shop. "
I'm astounded!!:open_mouth:

Of course you could be naughty and include a small canister in your parcel or include a handful of esbit cubes and a survival stove.

Brian
\'We do not sell that type of gas in our shop. \"
I\'m astounded!!:open_mouth:

Of course you could be naughty and include a small canister in your parcel or include a handful of esbit cubes and a survival stove.
Brian, please don't suggest that anyone should send any such items by post. They are specifically prohibited by the Post Office for the very good reason that sending them is potentially very dangerous.

Emma
Brian
\\\'We do not sell that type of gas in our shop. \\\"
I\\\'m astounded!!:open_mouth:

Brian, please don't suggest that anyone should send any such items by post. They are specifically prohibited by the Post Office for the very good reason that sending them is potentially very dangerous.
Couldn't agree more Emma. Obviously, Vanessa would know and agree with us, but other less experienced Challengers may not understand the risks.

Fair enough, wrist sore from being smacked.