​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wedding ring

Thanks Brian it wouldn't be for me to say about the lacy band, we come from a very strict church community and although i enjoyed things like that in my younger days i feel i would sin talking about it now. I have been going out of my mind, i really tried to take the ring off even with lubrication it wouldn't budge the dam thing. Anyway i wouldn't feel comfortable taking it off that way my wife is with me all the way with it on and if i lost the dam thing i wouldn't like to go back and explain that to Corrie. The button compass on my walking poles is a great idea but where we live the stores are very limited. I think i can work with the original way it works for me.

I hope to see you guys passing through.

Regards

Dave

Re: Wedding ring

I worry about the thigh strapping, Dave. Not because of any of the rude things some of our fellow Challengers might suggest, but because I think it could easily become dislodged and lost over a 2 week period. Easy to be careful for the first few days, but then you might be distracted by what's going on, say if you were digging a hole outside in a howling gale and were more concerned about getting the business over and back in the tent and didn't notice the tape was working loose. I thought the neck chain thing was a better idea.

I'm also wondering if there's any tape you can get that could block the effect on the compass so you could leave it on your finger . Maybe there's a materials expert on the board who could help out.

And for the long run, a bit of unasked for advice. As a woman who's had to have her wedding ring cut off 3 times, if it's now quite tight, get it enlarged while you can still get it off, so you don't have to have it cut off.

Best wishes and I hope you enjoy your Challenge.

Vanessa