​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mallaig Starters - hope to see loads of you for dinner on thursday evening around town.

Hopefully I dont get a big wave over me on the boat from Mallaig this time! Up and over to Barrisdale. Camp or bothy bed. Then to Kinloch Hourn. Then North around LLT cOIRE sGOREADAIL to Glen Quich and AlltBeith - camp.
QUESTION.*** From AlltBeith to the GlenGarry Campsite is 31Kms so a long day. Any suggested pitches past Tomdoun so we could pull up short near the clear cut?
Last time I overdid the third day and paid a muscle problem price that made me take rest day in FA and take an easier route after.

Re: Mallaig Starters - hope to see loads of you for dinner on thursday evening around town.

There is a nice bit of "beach" at NH195022 about 5Km past Tomdoun that a Challenger was using as I walked by last year - looked like a nice spot.

Re: Mallaig Starters - hope to see loads of you for dinner on thursday evening around town.

Hi Dara!
It was a long day, wasn't it?!!
I was recommended this spot:

NH 179 015. Collect your water as you cross the stream by the road, and then turn right down a slightly boggy track. As you get to the loch, there are loads of places to camp. You could go down to the lochside or there is a large, if slightly uneven area.

And don't forget the Stand Pipe of Requirement! NH 174 016 might be better than using the stream as water levels are low again this year.

Louise

thanks Louise. The standpipe!!! always a good thing not to ignore.

Hi Dara (and everyone starting at Mallaig!)
Have a great adventure! Top tip..stay down in the bar on the boat, and just get wet (and warm!) inside. Wish I could be there 😢
Neil

will you not be joiningus???

Not this year my friend, but soon I hope.. safe journey!

Booked my table at the west highland hotel for next Thursday after the long train ride