​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Across Scotland, day 6 - Newtonmore to Feshie bothy

A light read of one day's adventure to whet your appetite as the start of TGO 2019 approaches:

https://itsgoodtowalk.wordpress.com/2019/03/01/across-scotland-lochailort-no-more-chapter-6-kingussie-conundrum-newtonmore-to-glen-feshie/

And all six days in the series so far:

https://itsgoodtowalk.wordpress.com/category/2016-tgo-challege/

Have fun in the wilderness,

See you in Knoydart,

T'other JJ

Re: Across Scotland, day 6 - Newtonmore to Feshie bothy

Hi John,

What a lovely read, you wrote very well. I'll catch up on the other installments later.

I, like most challengers have I am sure, had a moment when I though I might chuck it all in. Mine was only on my first night of my first challenge, in Knoydart, in a storm. Managed to stop listening to the Gremlins and crack on the next morning. Since then I have not had such a low point, even in worse situations. A bit of a baptism. And I know other challengers have overcome far worse hurdles to complete the walk. Sit down, make a brew, eat something, perhaps even have a nap and the world looks better.

Also similarly, I had a gout attack on my first morning out of Plockton. A seafood platter was my downfall, some seafood being high in purines. For me gout has only occurred every 3 years or so. Luckily this attack was not a bad one, I don't think I would be able to walk with that happening. I will be going to the doc to get the tabs you can take when an attack happens...

I hope to meet you on the trails. Enjoy Knoydart its a beautiful place.