​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Glen Clova Hotel - Food

I called the Clova Hotel yesterday and asked how late they serve food on a Sunday night, it’s until 8:00 p.m. from Sun - Thurs. and 9:00 on Fri/Sat. Now, that’s probably OK for most people but I have arrived late there before having done some hills on the way and planned on food to no avail. I do carry an extra meal with me for these sorts of things so it wasn’t a real issue.

However.....

If there is a sufficient showing of challengers for the Sunday and Monday nights, which would be the most popular days I would think, they said they’d consider having the chef stay an hour longer.

Anyone think this is worth pursuing?

Re: Glen Clova Hotel - Food

I aim to be there on the Monday Julie but have a big day so may end up dropping short.

In the knowledge that there will be food, I'll make a special effort!

Andy

I'll be there on the Monday too and plan to eat there. I've also arranged to send a food parcel there.
Where are you going to camp? I did a recce there last week and the place is festooned with No Camping signs so I'm hoping to pitch a little way up the Loch Brandy path that I didn't recce. The hotel confirmed absolutely no camping in the vicinity of the hotel despite there beibg a nice grassy picnic area with toilets... Where are others camping?

Like you, probably walk up the Loch Brandy path for 10 minutes.

In 2012 we camped in the field directly opposite the hotel after asking at the bar. From memory there were about 6 tents.