​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tarfside Breakfasts

Thanks Louise

Anyone know if the burger pop-up outside the Mason's is expected this year? Two burgers last year really hit the spot!

Challenge volunteers will be waiting to greet you and provide refreshments throughout the day at St Drostan’s Hostel, Tarfside: Bacon or Egg Rolls; Homemade Cake; Tea/Coffee.

In the evening meals are provided from 18.00hrs, often 4 sittings with 12 at a sitting:
Homemade Soup; Homemade Chilli with Baked Potatoes and a Salad; Tea/Coffee with Homemade Cake. (Should anyone not like Chilli the alternative is Baked Beans/Cheese)

This year because the Retreat is closed breakfast can be obtained from 07.00hrs:
Bacon; Egg; Baked Beans; Toast & Marmalade; Tea/Coffee

That sounds just the ticket, thank you to everyone involved in making this happen 😁

Hi A & A,

More importantly, will there be fresh fruit to purchase and boxed wine available for a donation?

And does anyone know that the Masons will open this year?

J.

I seriously hope so in case we starve, as it's back on our route this year.
But......
No second breakfast at the retreat FFS 😳😳

Hi Julie
The answers to your questions is yes yes yes. See you soon.
A & A

Hi Ann and Alvar

I was wondering about Thursday breakfast, given that you will be packing up and hoping to make your escape. I'll be camping somewhere near QV's well on Wednesday night. What time do I need to be at Tarfside for if I would like to sample your hospitality without causing inconvenience?

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa
Up to around 11am as long as you don't mind us working around you doing the big clear up. Have a good crossing and we look forward to seeing you at Tarfside.

Ann and Alvar

Thank you!

FANTASTIC!! You are amazing!

Excellent news 😊 But more importantly will there be cake aplenty? I have fond memories of just sitting awhile in a comfy chair drinking tea and eating several slices of cake there 😍

The volunteers in 2017 were all amazingly welcoming and full of great stories. I shall be looking forward to visiting again this year.

❤️ Tarfside 😊

Lots of cakes being made. Looking forward to seeing everyone this year.

Ann and Alvar