​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Drumnadrochit Ferry (again)

I got this message from Gordon a week ago:

As I haven't yet drawn up the schedules for the crossing can't at this stage advise which crossing you will be on.

Updated info sheet attached provides most of your questions I hope:

TGOC 2019
Loch Ness Ferry for this event.

I put all emails into a file as I get them and then towards the end of April or in early May I draw up my name’s sailings schedule in date received order.
As we are all aware some TGOers get the wind on their tails and get here earlier than expected whilst others get it on their nose and are a wee bit delayed.
My schedules are therefore quite flexible.

1). Once on route please TEXT me on 07831 434691 of your ETA. TEXTS are essential as I cannot make notes if I am driving or dealing with normal business activities.
2). The Boat will leave Temple Pier (IV63 6XR) as near to 8 am as possible. As the boat carries a maximum of 12 passengers, I will continue to make crossings until all passengers are across.
Passengers who have confirmed their arrival, and are at Temple Pier on time will be given priority.
3). The evening crossing will be at 6pm and the same actions will apply.
4). It may be possible for a “mid-dayish” crossing to take place but this will depend on my normal business activities.
5). TEXTS from you will therefore give me contact details should this be available.
Thank you for your cooperation and look forward to giving you an uneventful trip across the Loch.

General Information
The Supermarket in the village and the Drumnadrochit Post Office/Shop both open at 7 am and both serve coffee tea bacon rolls and other hot snacks.

Gordon
Skipper
MV Cluaran Dubh
Loch Ness

I emailed Gordon only yesterday but received a reply within an hour confirming arrangements. He's hoping to run a 6pm crossing on Tuesday 14th otherwise details are as above.

Hi

I put up the original thread. I received a friendly email from Gordon together with an information sheet about a week ago. I think he was saving up the emails and dealing with them in a batch. This reply was to the email address I use for running a festival (which I used as no reply to my personal email), and not to my personal email. I suspect that this may be in a junk mail folder, unless he has assumed they were both from me.

I’ve never pre-booked with Gordon in the 3 times I’ve crossed. Although I’ve shown up and had to wait for the next boat. And Occasionally a ‘booked’ person hasn’t shown or is late and you can take their spot.

The pier is a good mile out from Drumnadochit - plan for this in your ETA.

There’s not much shelter that I can remember if it’s raining. Which is likely.

The ‘ferry’ is just a good sized boat. Takes about 12 people or so.

You can also ask to be picked up from the Castle, maybe for an extra fee, not sure.

Once you cross, it’s a mile or so up the hill to Ault-an-Goire.

I could have all the mileages wrong, as I’m going from memory, check your maps.

You’re probably being asked for your ETA from Janet if you’re eating dinner, otherwise, I can’t imagine it matters when you show up. There’s always plenty of room in the field next to their house.