​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fetteresso access

Last year I managed to get some info from the Forestry Commission regarding forestry work in Fetteresso, Drumtochty and Durris forests. I tried to get the same again this year and received the following reply

Thank you for your enquiry about access to Fetterssso, Drumtochty and Durris Forests in the last two weeks of May. As you know access under Scottish Outdoor Access Code guidelines this means that you take the forest as you find it and there is no guarantee that the location will be available at your chosen date and time so we advise doing a site visit beforehand.

I have checked the District Calendar and as far as I can see at the moment there are the following to be aware of:

Durris- permission in place for school sponsored walk on 15th May so there will be lots of people and activity on that day. No forest operations noted as far as I can see.

Fetteresso- calendar shows that there are currently forest operations(felling) taking place and that there are or will be ground preparation work sites too. I am unable to tell if the work will still be ongoing by the end of May as work plans and the calendar are frequently changing at the moment to cope with changes in circumstances so please look out for and obey all signage. I have passed on to the Delivery Team your comment regarding the signs.

Drumtochty- Nothing obvious in the calendar at this point in time.

Work plans can and do change so please look out for signs and adhere to any directions about areas where access may be restricted.

I hope this helps but if you have any queries by all means get back in touch.

Kind regards,

Karen.

Not a lot of use I'm afraid, I'll check again in about 3 weeks to see if there are any updates.
The issue about the signs relates to work centred on NO 761855 which, according to signs put up should have finished in December 2018 but which seems to be ongoing. This section can be bypassed by dropping down through the trees from the logging road to the much nicer lower track at NO 749858.