​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: GARMIN INREACH MINI FOR SALE

Hi Jenny

Does it come with maps?

Hello Jayme, it's probably best to look at the Garmin Inreach Mini information on the Garmin website for full details there's an Owners Manual there that can be viewed. We've printed it off and will send it with the Getting Started guide and Activation guide that came from the business "GPS Training" that my husband bought it from, they were incredibly helpful to Ian over the phone with his many enquiries it's just a shame he decided it wasn't suitable for him to use after the Returns period was over.

I had no idea he was buying it so hadn't done any research on it until he got it so I'm afraid I really know very little about it. It looks like there might be some sort of mapping on it because it talks about tracking and waypoints in the Owners Manual but what sort I don't know. We haven't turned it on, it's just still in its box because the first thing you have to do is activate it with a satellite subscription which is fully explained on the Garmin website.

It seems like a highly desirable bit of technology to have from a safety/emergency point of view just not so suitable for my husbands intended use for canoeing on open water as he thought it might be.

Jenny

The inReach Mini does not have the facility to display maps.

You can however use an accompanying Garmin app - Earthmate, on a smartphone. This allows maps to be loaded to the phone (although the choice is limited, or was last time I looked).

Hi Jenny

There’s an InReach/Garmin Explorer Group on Facebook. If you’re still selling you might get a buyer on there.

I bought an inReach Mini just over a week ago so it’s come up too late for me :confused:

For anyone interested, I read this article yesterday which helps explain what it can and cannot do.

https://www-theverge-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/4/12/18306207/best-gps-communicator-hiking-trails-garmin-spot-somewear-bivy?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theverge.com%2F2019%2F4%2F12%2F18306207%2Fbest-gps-communicator-hiking-trails-garmin-spot-somewear-bivy

Heavens, that seems a ridiculously long link address and I don't know how to make it clickable.

Anyway I would love one, which is why I was reading it, but can't run to the money at the moment.:cry:

Here's a clicky link for you, Vanessa. :slightly_smiling_face:

When you create a posting or reply, look for the link above the box where you enter the text which says "Enter Message (bbcode and html allowed) which gives you instructions on how to include links, pictures and change the text.

Garmin

Rats!! Emma beat me to it.

Thanks, Emma and Brian!