​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Attention Kilchoan starters!

I have booked family room 5 at the Kilchoan Hotel for the night of Thursday 9th May. Somewhat inadvertently I may add, but that's another story! The hotel is completely full for that night and I can offer to share it and after checking with the hotel would be £65 each incl breakfast. The room has a double bed and a separate single bed.
Please let me know if you'd like to share and get this year's Challenge off to a dry start! (Dry in terms of wetness, not necessarily in terms of alcohol!)

Re: Attention Kilchoan starters!

Hi Simon, I've just checked to make sure my booking for Thursday 09 May is still OK - it is.

Hope you do get a share. There's very few of us starting there.

I plan to get there around 1330 - on the ferry from Tobermory - and - somehow - get to the lighthouse and back before the evening wetness starts.

Oh, you luxury challengers!
Just put your tent below Ardnamurchan lighthouse and enjoy the real wetness (sea all around you) and the superb views of Rhum, Eigg and Skye!
What a start!

BART

Don't see you on the list this year Bart. Next year perhaps?

Indeed, Simon!
If I am lucky in the draw, then the 2020 challenge will bring me back to Scotland....

Enjoy your crossing, Ardnamurchan is beautiful!

BART

I'm thinking of cancelling that room at it's a bit extravagant to have it on my own. ARE THERE ANY LAST MINUTE TAKERS??
Otherwise, I think I'll camp at the campsite a couple of km down the road and just eat at the hotel that evening.
Anyone interested?
:volcano:

Hi Simon

I am booked to stay the night in Tobermory and will get the first ferry over in the morning as a chap at the Kilchoan Hotel said I could get breakfast when I arrived even though not a resident.

Looking forward to seeing you and the other Kichoan starters Friday morning!

David