​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Route planning

We came down from the NW to Saunich this year, so I can't comment on the forest.

The only thing I would add to Andy's summary is that the Allt Ruighe nan Saorach does meander and pool rather more than the map suggests. It also has more deep side gulleys to hop over or go around. But nothing serious - just tedious for a kilometre or so, and as Andy says, once you hit the track, the going is easy.

If anyone reading this is tempted to camp at Saunich, there are some good pitches, but don't even consider using the house. There were several dead sheep both inside and outside, and they whiffed a bit! :mask:

Thanks for the advice. I will go from the west end of Loch Rannoch to Loch Errochty and camp. Then on then to Blair Atholl. Then Glen Tilt. I will use the South of Loch Rannoch with a camp at Carie as a FWA.

William

William,

perhaps a bit late reply, but you might be interested in my 2011 route.

I took a more northern route from the southern tip of Loch Ericht, up and over Beinn Mholach, down to Duinish, up and over Creag a'Mhadaidh too my pitch on the south shore of Errochty.

You can zoom in on this google map to see my route (green line).

Simon Sawers camped in the ruin of Ruighe nan Saorach the night before, but I chose to pitch further on at NN 68650 64865.

All the best,

Bart Horeman

They smelled a lot!