​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ferry crossing

Hello fellow walkers .right is anyone else out there going to be crossing from Camusnagaul to fort William via the ferry on Sunday the 12th of may roughly 3.30 o’clock I only ask because I’ve noticed they don’t ferry passengers on a Sunday but a nice kind email to mr Robertson who is the ferry operator has kindly said they will ferry us across due to the nature of the TGO event at a cost of 70 pound just wondered if anyone else had this rout planned and would share the cost there is four of so far .many thanks

Re: Ferry crossing

Wow, I sure wish I would've known that was possible (in past years) as its hard to get there by the Saturday night without a major push. Well done, Austin!

Julie ..I’d swim across if it ment I got a soft bed warm shower and a wee dram or two after three days in the hills nice to break it up a little with bunkhouses and hostels I think 👍🏽

£70!!! Bloody hell!!!😳😳

Hey, I was planning a cross but only now know my day. I can camp out till Monday but if I am around wouldn't mind paying in. although I probably wouldn't be there till later. still working out some of my timing at the moment.

If you want to save a few bob and take the first ferry Monday morning there is (was) a nice pitch in the woods just up hill from the jetty, very cozy with almost no passing traffic.

Thank You, you are probably right also mean I don't have to keep time.

Just need to find someone to take a box in Fort William now

Hello Aaron so sorry for the late reply I’ve only just red you may want to cross Sunday evening .we’re planning to be at the ferry crossing at about 3.30 Sunday afternoon as we have hostels book the other side in Fort William your more than welcome to join us more the merrier I’m going to get hold of the ferry operator again and double check he’s still willing and shall post that he is in about three weeks ok