​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Glenelg starters to share a taxi from Shiel Bridge.

I have been scouring the net for transport to Glenelg next year and unfortunately the sole bus to Glenelg from Shiel Bridge is the 712 departing Kyle of Lochalsh, but only runs on Monday, Tuesday & Friday.
Rather than alter my days to travel to the start I was wondering if there are any other Glenelg starters who would like to share a taxi, which is run by the same company Macrae Kintail who run the above mentioned bus.

Re: Looking for Glenelg starters to share a taxi from Shiel Bridge.

I stayed with Maggie Cameron last year. She was happy to pick up from Shiel Bridge. I declined and said I would walk. Just as I got to the top of the pass the weather turned foul - a car drew up beside me - it was Maggie come to pick me up. Great lady

Thanks for that Janet I will give her a call. I was thinking of walking cross country to Glenelg, but honestly I would like to freshen up after the journey there.

Another vote for Mrs Cameron, a delightful lady, and her B&B is excellent.

Thank you all for the advice, booked yesterday.

Hi Darren,

Off topic but are you the Darren who I met in 2017 in Avimore? You were doing the TGO and I had just finished the East Highland Way. We met at the campsite in Avimore.

If you are the one and same then thank you for inspiring me to enter and gain a place in next years TGO.

I plan to start in Oban but hopefully our paths will cross again.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Shaun

Hello Shaun, indeed we did meet last year at Aviemore, we were pitched behind the site office.

Glad to hear you are on the 2019 Challenge.

I'm starting at(I almost typed it), calling in at Fort Augustus. Newtonmore, Braemar, Tarfside and ending at St Cyrus.

Per Ardua

Darren