​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Invercauld Arms, Braemar

A useful "heads up" Paul. The shabby old Invercauld Arms has indeed been bought by Iwan and Manuela Wirth, owners of the Fife. Another major project for them on top of the millions they've poured into the Fife.

Currently the Invercauld is closed, but the bar is still open from 4pm to 11pm. However this may change once the Fife is up & running next month, so keep an eye on the Invercauld Arms Facebook Page

As for the Fife, you can book rooms in May from around £150 (up to £700 if you're doing it in style). And you are correct - the new public bar will be the Flying Stag - more info HERE. 120 whiskies and real ales :+1: which sounds good to me.

They say the Flying Stag will be a place where residents and visitors will "rub shoulders". I wonder if anyone has warned them about the onslaught of thirsty and possibly smelly challengers in May? If I'd paid £700 for a room I certainly wouldn't want to be rubbing shoulders with the likes of me! :joy:

Indeed, Phil 😄 Thanks for the links. I’ll watch this development with interest. I’ve had some excellent days and nights in Braemar over the years, as you have, and hope they’ll continue.

There is also going to be a new proper pub, rather than a hotel bar, opening in Braemar. It's near the Hungry Highlander and I think it should be open by May.

Ian C.

"As for the Fife, you can book rooms in May from around £150 (up to £700 if you're doing it in style)."

I wonder how many Challengers you could fit into a £700 room? :smiling_imp:

I imagine quite a few if they were hanging from the ceiling . . .

Well £150 is not that bad really if its 10 to a room as it used to be ????:joy:

terry
Well £150 is not that bad really if its 10 to a room as it used to be ????:joy:
Such were the days!
And residence buying drinks late into the night!