​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wild goose chase

:joy: Your a brave man calling it a skirt!! Personally im not keen on wearing one, i normally walk in tracksters and ticks usually cant get to the sensitive places, i think i had one last time which isnt to bad. Plus the thought of seeing my dads two sprouts and cocktail sausage in the morning is frighening to say the least...

I well remember birnies stage do what a night!! and the hangover was just a big!! Now then back to the wearing of the Kilt, it's no use trying to get out of not wearing it it's a done deal!!! soft lad!!😂😂, I've probably done six challenges in the past and had no probs with ticks as you can check your legs all the time whereas the little blighters can hide under your leggings or trousers, And overall they are very useful as a pillow or a blanket at time, So as the song goes "Stefan where's yer trousers "😂😂😂 ps Phil thanks for the reminiscence lovely,👍

hmmm, why not?

Lots of women hike in dresses/skirts on US and European trails - fair number of men doing the same with kilts (skirts). I can see it - wear baggy 3/4 trousers myself sans underwear when walking.

Ticks. Possibly - stop sitting down on grass and places they are likely to inhabit :grinning:

Have a read of this :grinning:

Me and The Lad will be doing the TGO challenge in kilts next year. There's no additional danger from ticks or , indeed, high winds. You might get seriously chatted up by foreign tourists and ladies from Ilkley who will not be able to ask that question, but will still want to know and your legs will be a lovely colour of American Tan by the time you achieve the North Sea. Stay away from barbed wire fences and dense forestry is my advice, but the kilt will put miles into your legs providing it's not one of those heavy Scottish ones. Get a micro-fibre one.