​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Camping/accomodation in Dornie

Ardelve Campsite is a short walk away from the Hotel - good reviews.

That's the one!

Elton

I'm also planning Dornie start, When you say " appears that all reasonably priced accommodation is spoken for on the Thursday " would you know if that includes the Dornie Hotel ?

From a great derth of options to a veritable banquet of options! Thanks one and all. I have sent out emails and made note of phone numbers as back ups! It appears I have been doing too many long hours at work as even Google has failed me in this regard until now. Doh.

Nigel the Dornie Hotel is one of those I have emailed and I await an answer. Their email is: dorniehotel@hotmail.co.uk

Thankyou JJ I have emailed Phyllis and thanks Gordon I now have a name and number for the 'Dornie Campsite', the search for which inexplicably eluded me.

Best get my head screwed on and actually plan a route...

I stayed at the little campground just up a few steps and across from the Eilean A Cheo Guest House, or I think it was called something else last year. Great place to pitch a tent though, lots of green grass and EXCELLENT view of the castle. I stayed two nights there and it was 5 pounds a night. I had the entire place to myself, till some knuckleheads came and parked and pitched DIRECTLY in front of me... WHY?? They had the entire campground.. but no... directly in front. There are restrooms, with power plugs and USB plugs, a room with a counter and sink and an outdoor toilet... my first of seeing one of those. HA

All sorted 🙂 An email to Dornie Hotel and a couple of days waiting but we've secured a Twin room for the Thursday night.

Excellent!
:+1: