​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New windfarm applications

Hi Brian,

i'm afraid to say it is by the Spey past Laggan. Not the Lochaber one!

Rats, so it is!! The introductory blurb talked about Lochaber, but right enough it is the Speyside Laggan.

Brian,
Here is a link to the save clachnaben website. https://saveclachnaben.weebly.com/#
It also has a sample letter of objection against the Glen Dye development.
I see the Green Party are against the development too which shows how far off the mark some of these proposals are.
There is only a small window for objections (about 4 weeks) but hopefully something can be done to prevent this.
Cheers, Scott

Well done in pointing out that website Scott, I already knew about it (there are signs nailed to the entrance gate to the Glen near the Spittal and inside Charr bothy) but a lot of folks probably didn't.

One observation though, the sample objection refers to the Scoping report, EC00005272 26-Jan-16 whereas the application is now live ECU00000676 02-Oct-18

Individuals who object to this project can also object directly to ECU using their website, you have to register with them before you can submit an objection. To find the application go to www.energyconsents.scot and search for new cases in the last 50 days.

Personally I have little faith in the impartiality of the ECU who are just a puppet of the Scottish Government and who have an abysmal history of forcing through windfarm projects against the will of objectors and local residents but nevertheless I feel that it is the responsibility of all of us who love the Scottish countryside to do what we can to prevent this landscape vandalism. The turbines have a height of 150m and will be visible for miles around, there will not be many routes for TGOC challengers that will not be impacted visually to some degree by this project.