​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TGOC19

Hi Terry Emily is away for a few days so we'll answer instead .
Sorry it will still be an extra charge of around £5 for the pin badges which only just covers the cost of producing them. Only about half of people want them which is why we separated them out from the entry fee a few years ago to reduce a previous price increase for everyone.

£50 Terry? £50??? :scream:

I'll wait until after Brexit. That nice Mr Carney says that'll be about 50p then! :joy:

Seriously though, I'll go to £20 inc P&P for an 'as new' unused one that's just lived in a drawer for the last 14 years.

TBH, I think £65 is extremely good value for an event. Especially one of this length.

And not being contentious but, there is a simple way not to pay it..

Don't Enter..

Puts on Tin Hat :joy:

At 65 pounds it is very reasonable. Consider that most of spend hundreds of pounds or HRM Canadian dollar equivalents on footgear, tents, bags and clothing and even several hundreds of pounds for GPS SOS devices.
To have the vetters help, the coordination, the Emergency SAR facilitation and the many other supports it is a great value.
It would of course be better if it included a bottle of Scotch, free meals and massages at every stop point, a small donkey to carry things on some days and other such amenities.
I am looking forward to seeing some known faces and some new ones as well.

My fingers are twitching to apply even if signup will start in the middle of the night tomorrow here in the wilds of Canada. After a difficult crossing last year due to injury I hope to be able to stick with a more strenuous route in 2019. Thanks for the great work you and the team do for all Challengers. The 65 price is fine with me as the overall cost for someone from Canada to participate including travel comes to about 1500 - 2000 pounds. I hope to see some old faces and some new friends also.
Dara OhUiginn, Ottawa.