​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2019 Start point interests?

I'll use Plockton as its on the line. Started at Shiel Bridge this year and it as great-probably the best place for a first timer-but a bit too busy. Thought I would be clever and start on the Friday but most people had the same idea!

Plockton looks gorgeous. Is there anywhere in Scotland that does not make a person gasp in awe?
Im so excited, my best friend, her daughter and my daughter, both in their last year in high school and both turning 18 in the next couple months, have decided to enter with me this year. If we dont make it in the draw, we will still come to play in Scotland and probably hit England and Ireland as well.
I am thinking we will probably end in Stonehaven if we get lucky this year... Probably keep mostly the same path as last years plan though. I am determined to accomplish that!

I finished in Stonehaven this year. I was a bit worried about the last leg but it was quite pleasant through Fettereso and onto Dunnottar Castle. Then walked along the coast into the town for a pint and an ice cream!
It's not to far from where I live so easy to get a lift afterwards!

By the way, didn't go to Skye as the weather was rubbish. Went to the Cairngorms instead but didn't have much luck there as my lightweight tent ripped a corner seam during a windy night!!

oh noooo.... hope you can get that repaired. Im not sure of my plans now at the moment, my friends are not able to go...

Get your entry in and see if you get accepted then you can make plans. I'm sure you would find someone to go with or partner with another solo or group. I did a mostly low level walk this year and was seldom alone. I probably could have walked with someone every day if I had wanted.

my application passed as did my daughters... everyone is telling me to wait another year, but..... I really want to come hike if i get in. its a what do I do list making time hahah. itll work out, I will figure it out. I think walking with someone would be wonderful, but then I would hate to hold anyone back cause I go at a snail pace up hills and mountains.

Hi Holly,
There is a lady called DuneElliot on the trek lite forum who is looking to hook up with someone for the TGO. She is a Brit based in the US. Might work for you both should you all get in! Her blog is nomadicpawprints.
Regards, Scott

Sounds amazing. Cant wait to hear what you come up with.