​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank you!!!!

Hey everyone...
I want to thank everyone for the most amazing time. I didnt make it the entire trip but I was thrilled with what I did. I want to thank everyone that I met along those first few days of the hike YOU ALL ARE AMAZING! ... all the people involved in the TGO and all those along the way that were not part of the TGO.. The bananas at the campground in Cannich .. did I spell that right? Those were the best bananas and most amazing showers...
Scotland was the trip of a lifetime. I know now what needs to be worked on, changed, and added.. haha.. and I plan to "if I make the draw" be back next year. I will finish my amazing route that I had all figured out. Cant wait to see you all again. I do have to say, that first day from Dornie had me in so much awe over the landscape and scenes, trail, rocks, delicious water, and sweet sheep. The first night, after finally making it, was so much fun. I dont remember everyones names but I thank you all. Every day, i remember a funny story or something along the trail I saw. Im glad I wrote every little detail down. My kids went walking with me the other night.. 15 and 17 years old. The sign said 9 miles. I said.. but thats quite a ways... They said MOM... SCOTLAND.. LETS DO THIS! ha!!
David from Germany: A special thanks to you for watching out for me that first day. Knowing you were just a few steps ahead, or around the next bend, kept me going!

SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR!!!!
I made it home in time for my sons 8th grade graduation, my college finals, and my college graduation.

Re: Thank you!!!!

Well done, Holly!

I love your positive attitude, Holly.

By all means plan to walk the part of the route you didn't do this time ... but how about a different start do get you there?

Did you get beyond Cannich, or is that as far as you got? Shiel Bridge, up the glen and over the bealach into Glan Affric, then down the glen is a beautiful way to get to Cannich (other beautiful ways are available ... ). And if you made it to Drum or beyond, well, the further you got, the more possibilities open up for getting to the same point with a route from there that you KNOW will pass vetting ...

I made it to Cannich, then my feet protested and refused to go any further than the bus stop. I am amazed they made it to the bus stop. I know if I had rested and trudged on, I would have been fine and could have done it all.

I was thinking of doing from Shiel Bridge instead of Dornie this next time just for a different version up and over that lovely mountain that I found had so many new names that I made up along that day. HA.. My scariest part was when the wind was blowing like crazy and that narrow trail went by the small waterfall with the dropoff on the right hand side... HAHA... i still dream about that, and I have been in many more scary places. I am determined to do this route, since I worked so hard on it and had the most amazing vetter and his help with it.

I know I want one of the really awesome tents everyone seemed to have, what are those called again?

I gave my son my backpack because I want one more airplane suitable. If I dont have to check it, even better! My pack worked well, but I was in Scotland and Netherlands for over a month so had extra stuff included. However,this next time, I will just be there for the hike, then return in the fall with my daughter for touring.

Sounds like you are well and truly hooked Holly! Scotland is a beautiful place to walk, and The Challenge is a wonderful event because the community of walkers is such a special thing to be part of.

If I get in next year I hope to meet you in person - or in subsequent years!

YES!!! I do want to meet you Lindy! I was very sad that I didnt get to meet so many of you, but.. again... I lost my momentum. I think my time in Edinburgh a week before wore me out. I fell in love with Scotland though. I cant wait to come back and I will be ready this time. Blisters be gone.. I GOT THIS! My goal is to meet everyone and hug many necks! ha. I remember the man that stamped my passport at Edinburgh Airport.. he said why are you here? I said The TGO. He said AWE... its that time of year again then? Amazing group of hikers! Welcome!

My name is JJ and I'm a Challenger...

The Challenge is a rather exclusive club where the members suffer from the same addiction. And there's no known cure - welcome aboard!

Hi, my name is Holly... I have just made a plan for my life for the next 6 years and TGO is marked for every May.... I hope my new bosses will allow me time off next year to do this.. Im sure they will if I promise to partake in beverages this time... I just got a job cooking at our local brewery. HAPPY ME!
Total TGO Addict here! I confess!

Hi Holly, I met you and David on the walk out of Dornie and then again at lunchtime outside Morvich. Sorry to hear you didn’t complete but I hope you make it again next year. 😊

DAVE!!!!!! how was your adventure? It was so much fun meeting you. Thank you for chatting with us along the way. I remember saying.. HEY.. where did he go? hhahah. everyone was so fast. I told David towards evening, JUST GO ON! Ill be along soon.