​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Yay, another set of pictures!

Hi Brian,
we left the Slug Road near Roadside Cottage towards Snob Cottage.
That track looks like a white road on the map, just south of Cheyne Hill - the part east from NO 837 871.

Sabine, ah I see, you're smarter than me.
You used the Rickerton to Swanley road, which I had actually advised people not to use, but ended up walking along myself with Ulla. We just stayed on the tarmac road down past Blair's Farm, the route that you would drive. It was only when I got to the junction at the bottom that I thought, "You idiot, you were on foot, you could have cut the corner".

Despite my fears, the Rickerton-Swanley road is much better now that all the thick growth on the verges has been removed.

I'm surprised at the number of challengers who seemed to have ended up using the Slug Road, it wasn't a very pleasant experience (not walking with Ulla, which was a real pleasure, just the tarmac trudging and traffic dodging). I don't know if that is normal or a function of more people struggling because of the weather and opting to use the Deeside Way.

Simply adored every moment of your wonderful slide-show - and what a great route! Or rout . . .

I must have been through the Fetteresso over a dozen times - frankly it's a piece of cake. And I always exit at NO 830 872 - and then after a couple of hundred metres take that same little track that you took. The past two years I've camped at NO 836 871 - if you hop over the gorse on your left there's a beautiful little glade with an old beech tree. Last wild camp before taking an early-morning train!

Hope you're coming back next year for the Fortieth Birthday Bash! Party time!

Brilliant, Sabine! always love your picture shows. It brought back many happy memories of all those places too. Thanks.

Excellent photographs Sabine :relaxed: - it was great to see you on the Challenge this year....see you next year I hope!

Wonderful route - glorious photography - I have come to know many of these places oh-so-well over the years. Anyone who doesn't understand why we Challengers do it - and come back to do it again and again and again - need only watch these clips and then they jolly well OUGHT to understand!!!

So amazing!!! I realize now I already follow you on youtube! YAY!!!

A wonderful show Sabine! I really enjoyed that!

That shooting on day 8 wasn't very pleasant indeed, the more because I could hear it all the time, but I saw no cars, nobody, not even you!

Cheers, BART

Great pictures! Lovely to see your journey after first meeting you in Ballater.