​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Replacing an Akto

Good points raised there Robin.

In addition it's worth noting that you may encounter warranty claim problems. Quite a few US sellers specify 'Not for export'. If you managed to buy an Akto or whatever on a trip to the USA, bring it back to UK and then find it has a fault you'd quite possibly be, er, stuffed.

Yep. I have been very impressed with the Trailstar/Oooknest combo - especially the space (you can invite friends round for dinner!).

The only thing I would say is that it sometimes seems a bit fiddly to hook the nest's loops onto the pegs as you have to do it from the inside, but that's a very minor niggle compared with the advantages.

Still happy with my Akto though! :+1:

I have both the Tarptent Notch and Trailstar - but not an Akto. I moved from the Trailstar looking for something which had a smaller footprint, but have gone back to it as it is 'bomb-proof' in bad weather. I took the Tarptent Notch on the Cape Wrath Trail at Easter 2017 and had some rough nights in it. I have been happy in it during calmer weather though, and am intending on taking it down to Cornwall later this summer.

Suffice to say that I LOVE my Trailstar. It can be pitched in some very strange circumstances as it is very adaptable. On the 2018 Challenge I camped very late one evening in an odd space on just 4 pegs, wrapping the tarp back on itself and sliding under the side to get in. You couldn't adapt a conventional tent like that....

I'm utterly confused. Why would anybody go to the US to buy a SWEDISH tent? Are they really cheaper there?

Ulla. Exchange rates do very strange things!