​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Challenge Journal

Laid up with the bad chest I picked up on the Challenge, I've started writing it all up...

https://backpackartist.com/category/challenges/tgo/tgo-challenge-2018/

Re: Challenge Journal

Matthew, sorry about the bad chest but really enjoying your Challenge Journal with pics. Looking forward to next instalment. Get well soon!

Sorry about your bad chest. Hope you recover soon. Reading your account resonates with me, as in 2017 I too had a lonely time, heading into less trodden territory. I ended up making the decision to change my route and after talking it through with Challenge Control I headed across country to pick up a more sociable route. It made a real difference to get back with other people. This year I made up a 'best bits' route, and deliberately included lots of chances to meet up with people as well as some quiet times - and despite wrecking my feet (heat?) had a fabulous time.

I have come to believe that doing the Challenge is as much about what is going on in your head as anything else, providing of course that you have not broken yourself seriously.

Well done for getting yourself hooked on Challenging! Hope to see you 'out there' next year.

Thanks. Don't worry - I have next year's route sketched out already!