​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Grateful Challenger

I would like to add my gratitude to Sue, Ali, all the other volunteers, and vetters (especially mine...Colin Crawford). Also to all the Challengers I walked, chatted, ate, drank, or camped with along the way (Bernie, Sue, Geoffrey, Graham, Sam, Terryand other Dornie starters, Sally, Ray, Chris, Neil, Ian, Barbara, Kevin, Frank, Sophie, Iain, Graeme, Sean, Tres Amigos Locos, George, Mervyn, Alan, Vitalis, Bob, Scott, Croydon, Gavin,Lynn, Stuart, Lindy, John, Lenore, and so many others including those at the table for Thursday dinner). As a solitary wanderer most of the time, I was really surprised how much I enjoyed the chats and meeting everyone...I guess we're all nuts and share that common bond!

You made my homecoming to Scotland an incredible two weeks that I will remember forever. I'll be back home soon!

Phil M., North Carolina, USA

Re: Another Grateful Challenger

Hey Phil, thanks and was great to meet you in the Tipsy Laird, and again in Montrose! Common goals unite! Safe travels, and hope to see you again one year! :+1:

ards,Re: Another Grateful Challenger

Hi Phil, Great to meet and walk with you also.

Really glad you enjoyed your crossing and got to see your 'home country' in all it's glory (we were very lucky with the the weather this year). I hope you've caught the TGOC 'bug' and will see you on a future crossing.

I hope you enjoyed your couple of days exploring Glasgow before you went home.

Regards,
Bernie

,Re: Another Grateful Challenger

Thanks guys. Enjoyed the time with you and I'll definitely be back. Maybe I can do this every 5 years and reach 10 crossings at a record age of 95!