​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Many thanks from Tres Amigos Locos

A final and heartfelt THANKS to everyone for helping make our first TGOC a fantastic experience. We enjoyed every minute of our crossing, even when we were "embracing the suck," as it were. I have to call out Humphrey Weightman and Colin Crawford, our vetter, for answering all our questions and giving us some great advice as we planned our adventure. Ali and Sue and all the other organizers, helpers deserve a huge thanks as well. Lastly, to our fellow challengers, we enjoyed meeting many of you, and will remember you for a long time to come. If any of you ever make plans to travel to or hike in the US mountain west I hope you'll give us a chance to repay your kindness and hospitality. Albuquerque is home base for us, but we call a vast range of territory stretching from the California Sierras to the Colorado and Montana and Wyoming mountains home. I'd love to help you explore some of it. It's nothing like Scotland, believe me.

Till we meet again,
Kent (aka Goat)

Re: Many thanks from Tres Amigos Locos

Hi Kent,

It was great to meet you all and spend some time with you. I think that first night at Loch Affric will stay with me for a long time. Great spot to camp.
Hope you all enjoyed your time during and after the challenge. You certainly got some great weather.
Regards, Scott

Delighted to have met you guys at various points, especially at Tarfside 'pub', and to have provided the Tres Amigos Locos label. You three just made things better. From Rusty Nail

It was lovely repeatedly bumping into the three of you during the Challenge. I hope your feet and any other sore bits have recovered, and that your memories of our unusually warm and dry crossing will remain with you for a long time.