​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blair Atholl footbridge access from W?

This is a bit last-minute, having had the route accepted, but Mike is now doing the Chally on his own due to my bad foot, and I was always a bit nervous about access to the Blair Atholl footbridge across R Garry. I'd checked it on 'Where's the Path', because it wasn't on the map, and it ties in with the path from Pitlochry between the river and the A9. However, Mike will be coming over the hill from the SW, from the Tummell Forest, to Balnansteuartach WNW of Tulach Hill then East on a path that appears to meet the A9 but not connect with the footbridge.
We are hoping he can leap over a fence into a field or wood and thrash through to the bridge, but please has anyone been this way, and can offer advice?

Re: Blair Atholl footbridge access from W?

You stay on the track pasta farm and through fields, goes on a bit, don't a gate in the fence by a layby, there is a stile on the right of the gate as you face it. Cross the stile. You then walk a short way along the verge, heading SE, spotting the stile on the other side of the road. It is small, similar ti the one just crossed.
Cross A9 carefully directly to the stile and follow path to bridge. It does all become clear when you get there!

Messaged you Marian!

Fantastic, thanks, it didn't show up on Google Earth and just looked a mess. Hope you have an enjoyable Chally! :heart_eyes:

I will do my very best to have a good time, thank you Marian :sunglasses: