​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fetteresso again again

Folks,
for anyone planning on travelling through the Fetteresso, I have checked with the Forestry commission whether there is likely to be any work ongoing and received the reply below. I don't think that it will cause any problems.

Note that this only covers FC estate, not the privately owned sectors of the forest.

You are welcome Brian. Apologies for the delay in getting back in touch. I have been out of the office a few days here and there in the past week.

I have checked the calendar and the harvesting safety folder information and according the records there is still ongoing haulage from the Hobseat harvesting location (map attached-area marked in yellow) and there is now civil engineering work scheduled to start around there on 14th May for post operation repairs. According to the calendar and the site diary there is still activity at Hurlie Bog (map attached). Work plans and schedules can change so the group will need to look out for and follow any signs on the day.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Karen.

Karen Patterson
Visitor Services Assistant

Forest Enterprise Scotland
Moray & Aberdeenshire Forest District
Portsoy Road
Huntly
AB54 4SJ

karen.patterson@forestry.gsi.gov.uk

0300 067 6200 (Switchboard)
0300 067 6173 (Direct)
07776 226156 (Mobile)

www.forestry.gov.uk/scotland
www.facebook.com/forestrycommissionscotland

Forest Enterprise Scotland is an agency of the Forestry Commission managing the National Forest Estate.

Sent: 02 May 2018 10:22
To: Patterson, Karen
Subject: RE: Fetteresso work

Many thanks Karen. The challengers will be leaving various points on the west coast on the 11th May and tend to be travelling through the Fetteresso area around Mon 21st – Thu 24th May. They have to have completed their trek by the Friday

Where is the active harvesting site in the Fetteresso? I see that the work around Quithel seems to be finished.

Best regards,
Brian

https://kvisit.com/PA/zZoB

https://kvisit.com/PA/zpoB