​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: poem,

The MBA website entry for Ryvoan Bothy includes the following:

"The poem I leave tonight from Euston was written by a lady called A M Lawrence who lived at Burgh on Sands, Cumbria in the 1950’s, and who spent a good deal of her childhood at Nethy Bridge. There is a tradition that a copy of the poem is kept on the door at Ryvoan."

I was walking from Ryvoan to Nethy at the end of a 3 day Cairngorm wander on Sunday and I always look in to read the peom when I pass. Fortunately, living locally, I have no need for the sleeper train but it is still lovely to read.

Looking forward to meeting a few of you soon.

What a lovely poem. I hadn't heard of it before. It really does sum up the lure of the hills and the challenge.

Domestic arrangements prevent me from joining any more crossings but I wish all of you a fabulous Challenge, particularly those who are making the crossing for the first time.

Enjoy!

hi all, I thought id put the Challenge poem on again, it says every thing about the excitement of journeying to start the challenge,
good luck to everybody enjoy every single minute even the rain, wind ,and snow,:grinning:
Terry

ops sorry, View Entire Thread,