​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Electronics in Edinburgh?

Hi Ulla,
The airport is convenient if you are in a hurry, but you'll pay top price there. As Emma says, any Curry's, there's one at 120 Princes Street, or go up the North Bridge (off the east end of Princes Street) and go to Argos at 11-15 North Bridge.
Lycka till! Kirsten

There's a Maplins near Haymarket and I think there's a PC World on Princes Street. You would probably have more success at Maplins.
If you take the tram from the airport, it goes past Haymarket. Depending on how much luggage you have, it's not too far from Haymarket to Princes Street. Jenners on Princes Street probably has something suitable and John Lewis as well. Jenners is worth a look round as it is pretty unique and old fashioned.

Maplins have gone bust and all their shops are closing. I can't speak for the shop in Edinburgh but I was recently in one of their Glasgow shops and they had very little stock left. There is a little phone accessory shop on the stairs going down from Princes Street into Waverley Station where I'm sure you could get something suitable.

Thank you all! In about an hour I leave for the airport, today's leg is only to Stockholm/Arlanda Airport, where I'll spend the night before I fly to Edinburgh tomorrow morning. Hope to see you all along the way :smiley:

By the way, it is pouring down right now, hoping for better weather in Scotland (though Friday is supposed to be bad...)

Ulla