​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Problem with linking ViewRanger to Social Hiking

Yesterday I had a little time to spare, and thought I'd try this Social Hiker thing. I set up a Twitter account, Installed ViewRanger and setup a Social Hiker account. Today I went for a test walk. It looks fine in ViewRanger, but Social Hiker says ‘We last checked for Viewranger BuddyBeacon data on 3 May 2018 17:01:02 GMT’. That data is 24 hours old. What did I do wrong? Or is the data always 24 hours old?

Please reply to "Desperate 2018"

Re: Problem with linking ViewRanger to Social Hiking

Almost certainly it will be a setting you've got wrong on the Viewranger app such that it isn't sending the data to Social Hiking. Have you got your BuddyBeacon PIN correctly entered in Social Hiking ?

Otherwise you probably have the app set to not send old positions or something like that.

For now, you can export the GPX track and upload it to Social Hiking, so you can at least see what it looks like on the site.

I have emailed you with a bit more detail.

PS. Maybe see you at Dunnottar Castle, as I'm finishing there too!

I am sure I have made several mistakes, I'm a novice when it comes to these things. I never even used ViewRanger before. So everything is new.

The instruktions for setting this up says 'Do not forget to set BuddyBeacon to record multiple locations'. Because I'm in Sweden, BuddyBeacon decided I speak Swedish, but I can't find this setting. Does anybody know where this setting is, which meny?

On a more positive note I managed to uppload a gpx file, but only with the computer, it didn't work on the phone :grimacing:

Thanks to Matthew I think I got it now :grinning: