​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Satellite Image Highlands

Thank you for the news about the Lairig Ghru, I was wondering how the melt was progressing.

Hi all, don't underestimate the conditions in the highlands this year, everything is late this year there will be plenty of snow around so if you are only wearing gloshers and LG stay low or it wil bite your a,,,se 😳😳

Gloshers and LG? Please enlighten a poor Swede with limited knowledge of British English (why o why don't you speak good old American English?)

I do so wonder if I'll need to bring micro spikes for my boots though. I just removed them 2 days ago, finally I can jump/skip between bare patches of ground!

Hi Ulla,
He means galoshes, which are like rubber/ waterproof overshoes and LG is lightweight gear.
But as for American English, keep it British and preferably Lancastrian, which some people consider the language if Shakespeare

https://englishhistoryauthors.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/shakespeare-in-lancashire.html?m=1

Have a good challenge

John, you didn't know this, but I am quite interested in Shakespeare. Some years ago I watched The Comedy of Errors at the Globe, very funny. And I do speak American English, since I lived in Michigan many years ago. Anyhow, I suspected gloshes was galoshes (galosher in Swedish). I guess I should have guessed LG as well, but couldn't figure it out =)