​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What happens to your TGOC T-shirt?

I'm wearing my t-shirt right now as it happens. It gets worn and worn and worn until it eventually falls apart. It's a nice design and prompts conversation. As for the pin badge, I collect pin badge and have over 150 of them so I definitely like them, but only for challenges I've done.

What year was that Paul Southward?

A couple of mine get an airing in the gym but apart from they tend to languish in the shirt cupboard.

I love big baggy T-shirts, and those in my collection which have not shrunk still get a wearing. The titchy ones just come out for a sentimental airing now and again. As for the matching nail-polish which I buy to celebrate my crossing, that gets used with delight after I get home and always reminds me of the dinner till it runs out! I wonder what colour I will have to go and find in Boots this year?

I LOVE t-shirts. After coming so far, and working so hard for this shirt... im going to wear it forever! ha. My trip is a huge conversation topic at the cafe I work at, and around town right now (super small town of 130 population), so when I wear the shirt, people will say... you did all that for a shirt? haah... yes!!! all for the shirt. :wink:

Hmm. I thought some of the logic behind the T-shirt was to advertise the sponsor, and also to provide a nice clean non-stinky garment to change into if you don't want to go to the hassle and expense of sending a parcel to the Park Hotel, or a last-minute rush around the Montrose charity shops before the Dinner. Mine have a future use for gardening, anyway!:grinning:

What would I wear to the dinner in Montrose if I did not have a clean shirt? Maybe they should also give out underwear as well!!

I then use mine for "formal" events, then for walks. When they are about to decompose I wash them carefully and store them away with other event T-Shirts. One day I will make something out of them. Any ideas?

:grinning: William

Liking the underwear. Liking it a lot!

William, you asked what could be made from the old T-shirts. My daughter is making a sort of patchwork quilt out of her huge pile of precious gig T-shirts, to remind her of all those happy events she went to. Perhaps if you get enough T-shirts you could do something similar? The only problem she has found is that as the T-shirt fabric is stretchy, it needs backing with iron-on interfacing (carefully, so it does not distort the design) before the patches are cut out from the T-shirt. This gives a firm piece to work, which does not distort as it is worked, so that the patchwork can be sewn accurately.

Exactly what I was going to suggest Lindy! Great idea 😊

Lindy, that is a brilliant idea. I wear my T-shirts with pride and always dig them out for reunions, but eventually they face retirement at the back of the airing cupboard, along with other treasured T-shirts.

Having said that, providing hygenic underwear at Montrose might not be a bad idea ...

Thanks Lindy. Another project on the to do list. Maybe I will incorporate them with all of the finishing medals I have also collected.

Something to think about during the long nights in the tent.

William