​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Food deliveries?

Heh heh Ulla! Watch out for The Werewolves of The Upper Dulnain!!

Peace and Love, Sister!

Ulla - you growl, we howl ! :wolf:

Eimar Woolf
Clan Chieftainess,Werewolves of The Upper Dulnain

:smiley_cat: I just meow :smiley_cat:

With the availability of some food along the way (I start in Mallaig) i calculated my food at 400 gms per meal average. Starting in Mallaig I only need 15 meals to get to Aviemore where I pick up my drop box I will be sending to the bunkhouse I think. The second stage needs 13 meals total 5.2Kgs. Given the load is lightening each day of consumption I should be ok. I used the post office in Glasgow the last time to send food on and it was reasonable and fast.
Safe hiking!

I gave up on parcels a few Challenges ago due to late deliveries. Normal delivery times go awry in the Highlands.

Am happy to shop wherever the opportunity arises, thus supporting the economy and ending up with some creative meals from some unexpected foodstuffs!

Andy, I would love to do the same, but not being used to what's available at UK shops I feel unsure of whether this will work for me! Maybe, if I return for a second challenge, I can trust to find what I need that time!

Point taken Ulla. If you're going somewhere with a good size supermarket (Kingussie, Newtonmore, Aviemore, Inverness, Pitlochry), then choice would not be a problem. I will be shopping at smaller shops this year (Spean Bridge & Braemar) but I know that I will find most of what I need - I'm also not that fussy! It's all part of the fun for me.

Andy